Alan Kitchin, Non-executive Chairman
• Alan is a law graduate from Cambridge University where he was a Squire Law Scholar.
• Alan is a UK solicitor and was a senior corporate partner in Ashurst in London before being appointed managing partner of their Asia practice. He subsequently was headhunted to become a senior equity corporate partner at Clifford Chance. He has extensive experience of advising companies and their Boards both in Asia and Europe.
• As a senior corporate partner Alan advised a number of medical and pharmaceutical companies on both corporate and regulatory issues and successful stock market listings.
• Alan holds a number of non executive positions including as a non executive director of the medical research company Reox Limited which was spun out of Oxford University in 2003.
David Sumner, Chief Executive Officer
• David Sumner has over 15 years’ experience in developing successful Asian business platforms focusing on Healthcare and Clean technology sectors with a specific interest in UK capital markets.
• David currently sits on the board of an Asian clean-tech company as non-executive Chairman where he has successfully raised in excess of $60m in pre IPO financing rounds. The company is currently preparing to list on the London Stock Exchange in 2016.
• Previously, in 2002, David joined a UK Medtech start-up, initially as Global Marketing Director and subsequently as Group CEO. He set up their operations in Japan, China, Korea, Australia, the US and Europe before raising $10m in pre IPO money and subsequently $70 million in June 2007 as part of an IPO on the AIM market.
• He started his career in 1997, joining the UK’s third largest pharmaceutical company, Shire Pharmaceuticals, where he developed, launched and marketed a number of pan- European brands, with an emphasis on the NHS, for which he received industry recognition via numerous accolades.
John-Paul Etheridge, Chief Financial Officer
• John-Paul Etheridge was appointed as CFO of GHR Healthcare Recruitment on May 1, 2015.
• He has over ten years experience working for SMEs and start-ups in Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
• John-Paul has wide experience in treasury management function, internal audit, reporting systems and financial forecasting within the oil & gas, aviation and commercial real-estate industries; most recently with the worlds leading airline in subsidiaries and acquisitions.
• John-Paul is a New Zealand Chartered Accountant member, and has a degree in Accounting and Commercial Law from Victoria University of Wellington, NZ.
Aamir Quraishi, Non-executive Director
• Mr Quraishi has almost 20 years of investment banking experience in Europe, Asia and the Middle East having joined in 1996 the Corporate Finance & Advisory Division of Dresdner Kleinwort Benson in London with some time also spent in Tokyo. He left in 2003 to join Libertas Capital Group Plc successfully building its Capital Markets practice and then relocating to its Dubai office in late 2007. Prior to his current role as a Managing Director of a New York headquartered advisory and investment banking firm, Mr Quraishi worked with MAC Capital Limited, a DFSA regulated investment bank operating out of the Dubai International Financial Centre. During his career, he has been involved in completed transactions with an aggregate value of over US$20 billion.
• Mr Quraishi started his career at Price Waterhouse in London where he qualified as a chartered accountant (ACA). He is a member of the ICAEW and has been FSA registered as Corporate Finance and Investment Advisor. He has also been, from 2005 to 2010, a qualified nominated advisor (NOMAD) for the purposes of admissions to the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange plc. Mr Quraishi is an Economics graduate from the University of Cambridge.
Steve Howson, Non-executive Director
• Steve is an accomplished commercial executive with an impressive track record of delivering organisational growth, change management policy and governance within the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, with a specific focus on the UK National Health Service.
• During his career Steve has held a number of commercial roles, both domestically and Internationally and is currently a Country General Manager (UK) within Ferring Pharmaceuticals, a company with a 5000 strong workforce.
• Steve has a strong track record in strategic planning and both domestic and international expansion.